Sunday 9 September 2012

Review of Tomee NES USB controller for PC & MAC

The Tomee Nes USB controller looks like an Official Nintendo NES controller with a few differences. As soon as I held the controller I noticed the main difference was the weight. The original is clearly heavier, but I am not sure whether this is because the original controller is higher quality, or if technology has just moved on in the last 25 years so components now weigh less. Although I must say I do prefer my controllers to weigh more.

The Tomee controller comes without the Nintendo logo in the top right corner and there is no writing on the back other than a little white sticker saying Q.C. Pass. The width of the wire on both controllers is very similar. I am not so sure but I think the wire on the Tomee Nes USB controller is slightly thinner but not thin enough to make a real difference to the game play. Also the colors are a little bit darker on the Tomee gamepad.

I have only tested the controller on Windows 7 but from what the information says on the box. It will work with any windows operating system running Windows 98 or later and Mac running OS X 10.0 or later so most of us will be able to run it.

If you are interested in buying a Tomee Nes USB controller you can get it from our store at  www.retrowers.co.uk


It is not manufactured or endorsed by Nintendo despite what anyone else might tell you there is clear proof written on the box. This is however as close as you are going to get to a licensed by Nintendo  USB controller, because Nintendo will never license one of these seeing as they are against emulation and the main purpose of this controller is to use it with an emulator.

No comments:

Post a Comment